Sunday, December 19, 2004

I bloody knew this was going to happen.

My brother's birthday is tomorrow (damn near today, as I'm posting this, but hey). Sort-of-not-coincidentally, he's arriving from Scotland early in the morning tomorrow. Now, given that I'm currently on afternoon shifts, I am going to have a fair amount of a problem actually going to meet him at the airport due to my being a brain-dead sleep-deprived zombie if I do try to make it.

Now, I was talking to my parents about this, and they said that they'd try to let me know when my brother's flight was due, with the latest updates current as of when they went to bed. I asked them to email me, rather than SMS, as I have a distressing tendency to leave my phone in my bag, turned off, after getting home from work. I figured I'd be checking my email, though, so I asked them to email me. Okay. No problem.

I get home tonight, and check my email.

...connection timed out.

...connection timed out.

So now I am blissfully unaware of what's going on. Oh joy. Oh rapture.

Grrrrrr.

No comments: