Friday, February 10, 2006

...the show must go on...?

Two nights at work, two nights of drama.

Wednesday night, for the first time I can ever recall - a show was cancelled barely two hours before curtain up. I guess it's kind of hard to find a replacement for the understudy to the understudy to the understudy for a main role. So we had the wonderful job of telling 2,000 odd people "Sorry - but the show you've come to see isn't on tonight". Was kind of fun... not.

Thursday night. 7:29pm. Show starts at 7:30pm. And I get the task of relocating almost half an entire row of people (all 18 of them) from Door 5 (stalls) to Door 21(Second Balcony). Why? Because the seats these people had were double-booked (ie - sold twice). Was it my fault? No. Did I sell the tickets? No. Did these people care? No. They just wanted someone to blame. And guess who that was.

Friday night - I'm sort of dreading. These things are suppose to happen in threes aren't they???
[Listening to: Foo Fighters - One By One - Disenchanted Lullaby (4:33)]

2 comments:

Grant said...

Warning: Dolphins may strike at any time.

JamesA said...

Well - there was a small ammount of rain - but no Dolphins.