Wednesday, September 29, 2004

The new toy

UPS delivered my iAudio M3L today. It's pretty.

It now contains my entire digital music collection, a backup of my email archive, every digital photo I've ever taken, and a season's worth of Cowboy Bebop AVI's.

It's barely half-full.

The only downside I've found so far is that the included carrying case only has a belt loop (instead of a clip), and seems to be designed for the slightly thinner M3 (the M3L is about half a centimetre thicker and US$80 or so more expensive, but has 35 hours nominal battery life instead of 14).

I also discovered that my car kit doesn't generate the right voltage for the M3L (it needs 5 V, the car kit only does multiples of 1.5V). However, it then occurred to me that with this thing's battery life, I really don't care ;)

No comments: