Sunday, July 31, 2005

Evidence Brisbane is still a small country town

Yesterday, the team we were supposed to play cricket against didn't turn up. On the adjacent oval, Everton were playing a Premier league game, but their opposition didn't turn up either. So, we mixed the two teams up and played a 30-over-a-side scratch game.

However, while that was fun, it isn't the evidence I'm talking about.

I also need to mention the fact that I left my wallet on the bus a few weeks ago, and got a phone call from the bloke that found it the next morning. We met up in the city, he gave me my wallet, all contents intact, and I gave him back the cash that was in it (about $100). The cash was the least of my worries - I was just glad to avoid the hassle of replacing my driver's license, credit card, etc.

That's still not the evidence that Brisbane is still a small country town, though.

No, the evidence that Brisbane is still a small country town is that Andy, the bloke who found my wallet, plays cricket for Everton, and wound up playing on the same side as me in yesterday's scratch game. And that's just plain freaky.

1 comment:

JamesA said...

That is just plain spooky.