Friday, June 18, 2004

Concrete Evidence That Astrology Is Bullshit

As if we needed any more...

My horoscope in the Courier-Mail had some (unsurprisingly) vague reference to the fact that luck would be with me today. Unfortunately, the one in the paper differs from the one on their website, so no linky.

Let's see...

I finally put my computer back together this morning. I go through the simple steps to set up the wireless network again, with Nick to help.

It doesn't work. I don't know why. I get the shits and turn the computer off, because I have to go to work.

At work, I'm put on the phones. To be honest, it's not a horrible shift, but I never like being stuck on the phones for an entire shift.

I come home, tired as hell, turn on my computer, figuring that even if I can't get online I can still play a game on it or something.

Unless, for example, it decides there's no keyboard plugged in, which is what it did. Then it will hang up on BIOS and completely fail to boot up.

I checked the back of the computer. The plug was in. In the correct socket. I rebooted.

Same thing.

Utterly poleaxed by this latest rebellion of my computer, I wander around for a bit, my jaw flapping, as I'm too tired to even get good and angry.

Finally, I admit defeat, and go flop onto my bed, figuring I should at least get some sleep.

And the fucker breaks.

3 comments:

JamesA said...

So Josh - you're saying you had a bad day right?

Unknown said...

Well, at least now I know why he's sleeping on the couch. . .

Grant said...

Here I am nursing my gums after having two (and I quote the dentist) "huge" wisdom teeth pulled...and I think...Josh, you poor bastard.