Friday, June 18, 2004

Firefox 0.9

OK, I've now upgraded to the latest Firefox.

The Good:
- the new system for handling themes and extensions is very nice
- they got rid of that stupid random directory in your profile name
- the Noia theme is very pretty
- all the usual good stuff about Firefox

The Bad:
- the 'import' screen seems to only give you the ability to import from other browsers installed on your current machine (as opposed to, say, an Opera profile on an old machine)

The Ugly:
- they removed the Profile Manager from the start menu without bothering to mention this in the release notes (a serious PITA for me since I don't store my profile in the usual spot)
- after reverting back to Firefox 0.8 (while I was trying to figure out how to fix my profile for 0.9), Firefox 0.8 didn't work.

[Listening to: X-N-Pop - Cruel Sea - (2:40)]

1 comment:

JamesA said...

Firefox 0.9 is a very funky program. Some of the extentions are a heap of fun.