Thursday, March 30, 2006

They mock me


On my recent trip to the U.K., I managed to make my way from London up to Liverpool to watch a Premier League match.

While jumping through a few hoops, I managed to get a really good price for the tickets. Most Premier League games, particularly those played by the major clubs (such as Liverpool) sell out weeks in advance. So foreign suckers like myself can pay anything up to £120 per ticket. I didn't pay anywhere near that for both of the tickets (so I could take my London accomodation along ;)).


The game I managed to see was Liverpool v Charlton. With Liverpool in third place at the time, I was hoping (and expecting to see) a Liverpool victory. Naturally that wasn't going to happen.

Despite enjoying the whole experience, I walked away a little annoyed with a 0-0 draw. Still - that's football.

I get back to Australia and what comes next, I don't find amusing.

18 Goals.

In 4 games.

A team whose strikers could only score 1 goal post Christmas suddenly manage to score 18 freaking goals in 4 bloody games.

Liverpool v Fulham 5 - 1.

Liverpool v Newcastle 3 - 1.

Liverpool v Birmingham 7 - 0.

Liverpool v Everton 3 -1.

That's why they mock me. Bastards. Maybe they saw this sign in 'The Kop'

No comments: