Thursday, February 05, 2004

The day I dialed 000

My phone rang, it was one of the guys from the Support debarment. "Come to the window NOW."

I immediately hang up and proceed to 'the window'. Looking through this average pane of glass I see a rather busy main road and a Complete-Fucking-Moron (the name was changed to protect the stupid) walking out into the moving traffic with his arms out and occasionally beating his chest. It was as if Complete-Fucking-Moron was daring the cars to run him down.

After staring in disbelief for an unknown period of time (I say unknown because watching Complete-Fucking-Moron took away the speech and time recognition parts of my brain temporarily) I said that Support Guy should call 000 as he was closest to a phone, he didn't, probably because he wasn't sure what to say or do. Being that I have called 000 a few times in my life I moved to the phone and dialled.

After relaying a description of Complete-Fucking-Moron to the operator and the location I hung up.

Some few minutes later a Police car arrives and exchanges words to a person Complete-Fucking-Moron talked to. Within about 30 seconds an Officer (now on foot) takes off up the street out of my view, shortly followed by the police car at a large rate of knots.

Now in my opinion Complete-Fucking-Moron was off his head on something-or-other and I could not give half a fuck should he wish to die. However, someone else should not have to live with running him down.

A common sentiment is that the best way to put Complete-Fucking-Moron out of everyone elses misery was to use a 3.03. Agreed.

Working where I do is kind of interesting, we see Drug Raids, undercover prostitutes, people urinating into the laundromat across the road and enough fucked up people to make you want to sit on top of the building with a sniper rifle. Wow, i am glad i don't live in that fucking suburb.

No comments: