Monday, February 09, 2004

The World Turns...


Now, I'm not about to mention any names here, as I've got privacy considerations, among others, to worry about. So I'll dub the person I'm going to talk about 'Brenda'. Mainly because the person is male.

A few years ago now, back when I was still working at the servo, I got held up by a guy holding a syringe. I later found he was called Brenda when the detective came around for me to sign my statement. Apparently, he'd been quite blase about the whole thing, was Hep C positive, and would have happily stabbed me if I hadn't turned over the money. In other words, a real charmer.

So, I get a call from a guy today, saying that he just rang a friend of his and found out a guy named Brenda, an escapee from a halfway house, was over at the friend's house. I run a check, and, sure enough, a Brenda who pretty much matches the description of the Brenda that held me up got away from a halfway house some time in the last few days. Even down to the Hep C and the armed robbery charge.

I don't know what became of the attempt to recapture Brenda, unfortunately, as that was going to be handled by another area - but this is the second time a call I've made will lead to him being put in jail. Life's weird, innit?

No comments: