Sunday, February 22, 2004

My adventure for today
So I go downstairs. Hit the power button, wait for The Demon to boot.

I get the ASUS PC Probe window displaying that my CPU fan is NOT running. I check the fan.. Indeed ASUS PC Probe is correct.

My Fan-0 No Spin-o.

My CPU temp after about 90 seconds of running was at 66DegC and about 20 seconds later the mainboard alarm started.

After calling no less than 6 places to get a fan, these are the responses
*   Not open
*   'cant help'
*   'no stock'
*   not open
*   'yeah we got some, come have a look'
*   check the website (I wondered how I was supposed to do this without a functioning PC, but I decided that this fuckwit probably had enough crap given to him due to his basic lack of comprehension and therefore probably didn't need another ripping into. That and with his intellect he would probably be plugging his tongue into a live power socket soon after the conversation ended.)

I decided that the 5th option was the best bet. So $38 later I have an 80x80 fan that is keeping things nice-and-where-it-should-be, with 3 blue LED's (what is it with LED's?)

This is a similar fan.


If only it had happened last night then I would have been able to make my own Pizza instead of waiting 1 hour 21 minutes for it.

And James...Take any Athlon/AMD related comment and blow it out your arse.

No comments: