Tuesday, May 31, 2005

I had to share.

And no, for once with that subject line, it's not a horribly gross thing.

I don't know if it's possilble to convey how this struck me. Eric Alfred Burns, not being someone I have ever met, is not someone I could describe as a friend - but I first 'met' him going through In Nomine mailing lists (where he signed his emails with his name, but his email proclaimed him to be Whistling In The Dark), and I liked his style of writing. Then (on a day I always think of as the Day of In Nomine Coincidence) I stumbled across Websnark, and when I found out it was actually penned by the same guy, I thought 'cool'. (The Day of In Nomine Coincidence also pointed me at Obsidian Wings, which is apparently run by Moe Lane, a delightfully wacked out In Nomine creator. As if naming the site after Malakim wasn't enough. I make no guarantees for quality of site, though, as I've largely ignored it since stumbling across it.)

So I've been reading Websnark for a while, and even gone onto reading Gossamer Commons, a webcomic he writes. And so I feel I know this guy, even though we've never met and he has never, ever heard of me.

And then he writes this. Which is such a brilliantly written slice of life that the guy wrote while he was trying to keep from thinking or sleeping. Maybe you'll check it and think, 'yeah, whatever'. Maybe I'll read it tomorrow and think the same thing (though I doubt it).

But here, and now, it has brought out the Keanu Reaction.

Whoah.

That is all.

No comments: