Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Idle Auditions 4

Oh god - now they're all doing sing-alongs in the waiting room. What would these people do without American soul tunes.

11:30am and no-ones run screaming out of the building in tears yet - how disappointing. Bring back Dicko (if that's not an appropriate name for someone involved in this thing I don't know what is).

Sadly it doesn't appear that anyone is auditioning with a Pantera song (or similar soulful tune). For shame - some variety would have been nice.

How original - someones trying to cash in on the beatbox craze (I know - I didn't know there was one either until Channel V & B105 kept insisted there was one) - except this guy's twist is that he's using a didgeredoo (sp?) as well. Expect there to be controversy from this performer because - check it out - he's white.

Enough with the hand clapping people. If you can't keep a beat without physically moving your body, it's a good sign that you don't have a future in the music industry.

11:55am - my first tears. Finally. I guess I'm just a little sadistic.

I'm sorry Ma'am that we don't have big "Keep Out" signs plastered all over the areas we don't want you to wander into. I guess we should invest in skull & crossbone signs as well. But I would have thought the big red ropes you had to physically clamber over to get into that area migh have been warning enough you were going some place you shouldn't be.

It appears that mullets & copious ammounts of hair gel lead to success in this competition.

12:10pm - more tears. Only an hour more that I have to tolerate.

No comments: