Wednesday, August 06, 2003

Finally One that works!!!

I know folks often ignore my winging about things that I want too see happen and don't, so here is a quick recap for this post. For a while I've been looking for a video converter that converts from RM (Real media) to, well, preaty much any other format, preferably avi. In the past there have been two programs that answer this call, namely TINRA (This Is Not Real Anymore) which did a crap job (creating a seperate audio and video stream) and it's output was NEVER in sync. The other was new and hot to trot, it produced a single avi file so no need to mux, It's called RMConverter, and it also sucks as it's output is never in sync (maybe if you paid for the retail it would be, but I dout it). Well there is finally something good out there : EO-Video. From my small test (first 90 seconds of a RM file) it's out put is in sync and produced as avi (or if you want mpg), the others failed this test. As allways its shareware software, but It's also a media player and I think the conversion bit is all thats shareware, the rest is free. So finally those who wish it can convert RM to other formats. (and yes I know RM is shitty quallity in the first place, but so is VCD :)

No comments: