Sunday, August 03, 2003

Saturday Morning Cartoons

Saturday morning and weekday late afternoon cartoons were a staple of my ever-so-distant youth, which might explain why I got 75% on this quiz.

I got 14 of 'em straight away, and another one after I looked it up on Google to get the official name. Another one I should have got, but didn't (the guy who sent me the quiz told me the answer). Three more, I only got the answers after opening the quiz in OpenOffice which ignores the Excel password (either that, or some versions of the quiz don't have the password set). Two I'd never even heard of, the last I'd actually watched a couple of times, but the picture wasn't of anything that would've have triggered my vague memory of the show.

The only one remaining, I found out the answer by opening the Excel file in Notepad and panning through it looking for strings. If you try doing the quiz in OpenOffice, expect it to be impossible to get the answers for the first three cartoons - as near as I can tell, OO gets the import of those fields wrong. Again, this last one was something I'd never even heard of, let alone watched.

No comments: