Friday, May 28, 2004

Crappy Work Anecdote #247

I'm at work Wednesday night - Origin night as per usual for me - and as you get with a show with a support act, people don't want to go into the Theatre. So they're outside at the bar, and one of the bright sparks decides to switch one of the monitors over - the televisions which let us the complex staff know what's going on inside the theatre - over to watch the football. Now, that sort of stops me from doing my job properly. So I get to go over, explain to the small crowd that has gathered that if they want to watch the football they can go down the road to the pub. These monitors aren't provided so they can watch whatever tv they want. They naturally whinge, but so what - I'm doing my job. I'm gone less than two minutes, when guess what - some twat in dodgy jeans shorts and one of the arse-stupid trucker hats decides to switch the tv back over to the football again. So I get to go over again - explain to this gentleman (and I use the term loosely) the situation yet again, tell him not to touch the television and switch it off. Naturally he's a bit upset and proceeds to say some unkind things. Ignoring this I'm heading back to my position as it dawns on me that the twit I've just had a run-in with is Willie Carne - ex Brisbane, Queensland and Australian League winger. Moron.

No comments: