Sunday, May 16, 2004

This Unprecedented Solar Eclipse is No Cause for Alarm

Just a little anecdote from my last dose of nightwork.

At the start of the night, I was just about to climb into Kronos (my car, not a spaceship or anything - just in case you're reading this and have never met me or something. Oh, you have a warty face and smell like the vomit of a lemur, too.) when I looked up at the moon. "Great," I remember thinking - "Does this mean we'll have lots of crazy people call up?" (For the record - don't believe the rumours about full moons. The last few nights that have been crazy have been not-full-moon nights. And the full moon nights have been relatively sedate.)

Then, on the way home, I looked and saw the moon... and it was a crescent. A thin crescent.

It wasn't until I got home and told Adam about it that I found out there was to be a lunar eclipse that night. Guess I caught the tail end of it.

But I was starting to think perhaps the crazy person was me...

Cue the weird music and the wiggling fingers that are somehow supposed to make these things scary.

No comments: