Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Merchandise Mania

Okay - so we all know that the general consensus seems to be that George Lucas is a bit of a sell-out who's interested in doing nothing more than selling toys.

Heck, it's something the troopers agree with.

And while we're all big and grown up and cynical about all this stuff, I'm betting that there aren't too many of you out there that wouldn't want one of these.

God knows I do.

Anyhow - as is usual when it comes to the time when theres a Star Wars movie about to open, the merchandise promotion goes into overdrive hyping all kinds of stuff. And thankfully, there are nice people out there to brave the madness of these midnight openings and show us lazy people at home all the goodies.

Like giant Darth Taters walking around.

But that's not the end of the lunacy. These guys were wandering around as well.


They're apparently locked in the middle of some giant conflict for control of chocolate in the galaxy or something. I'm not really sure. All I know is that it's bloody weird. See what I mean here.

So, do I think Uncle George is out trying to make as much money as he can off this last film? Naaahhh.....

1 comment:

Adam said...

Actually we saw Darth Potato a few weeks back... and I did say to Nick "If only we could find a reason to get one for James".