Friday, May 02, 2003

Finally, Back Online.


I have finally the wireless card I've needed to access this house's DSL router. This means I'm now online. And you know what? Nothing really went wrong with the install.

Let me repeat that.

Nothing. Went. Wrong.

I mean, it wasn't *bang* everything's ready - it did require a teensy amount of tinkering - but it was the kind of tinkering I could do. Sure, there was the unpleasant discovery that I needed to patch my TCP/IP settings so I could actually access webpages, but that was it. No pissfarting about, no "Oh Lord, Oh Jesus help me, why is this network not workin', Oh Lord, I'm halfway down the stairs". No random headbutts on innocent doors. (Not that there ever were. *That* door clearly had it coming.)

So, this wireless networking thing - encrypted, natch - is working well so far. Watch this space for bitching and moaning when it all goes to shit.

On second thoughts, if it all goes to shit, I won't be *able* to bitch and moan about it on here, so, I dunno, go and play in the park or something. Or in traffic.

No comments: