Friday, May 16, 2003

HULK SMASH PUNY GURPS!


From a discussion of the failings of GURPS Supers on rec.games.frp.gurps; a poster had commented comic-book supers such as Thor and the Hulk could generally only be modelled on 10,000-odd points. Which spawned this post, by a Joseph Michael Bay:
Peter Meilinger writes:


>>> The problem with having any characters in the 10,000 point range is
>>> that it makes invulnerability to everything readily affordable.


>>And this is wrong for the Hulk or Thor just HOW?


>Mostly because they're not invulnerable to everything.


NOTHING CAN HURT HULK! HULK STRONGEST ONE THERE IS!!!!1!!


>Another problem with having characters in the 10,000+ point range
>is that it's just plain ridiculous to keep track of that many
>points.


WHERE POINTS GOING? HULK POINTS STAY ON HULK CHARACTER SHEET!!!
HULK NOT HAVE TO KEEP TRACK OF PUNY POINTS!!! GRRR RAAARRRRR!


In other news, the artist of Mac Hall has praise for Equilibrium -
I had to laugh. My friend Cary came over last night with Equilibrium. Holy ba-jesus. That movie has won the "best use of pistols" award from me. The whole time I was watching it though I couldn't help but notice how much the main character reminded me of Keanu Reaves.(I really don't care how you spell his name)Then it hit me. The main character had no emotions. Oh well... more ass-kicking.

Oh, yeah - Mac Hall is one of my favourite webcomics, as well. Read 8-Bit Theatre first, though. 8-Bit rocks.


Last, but not least - actually, probably least, but still funny - I got sent this link in my email the other day - a rather well-done parody of an Eminem track. (Find your own damn link to Eminem, you lazy pricks.)

Well, that's rather more html than I've slung ever before - so I'd better get some sleep.

No comments: