Wednesday, June 18, 2003

Growlings, Groans and Gripes


Well, the assembly of the new machine actually went off rather well - the biggest hurdles there were the Unclippable Heat Sink Of Doom and the Unfindable Hard Drive Of Being-Back-At-Home-Because-I-Forgot-To-Bring-It. So, it's together, and the lights on the front are really pretty. I think it looks great.

And that's when we started trying to install XP. I would point out the times, and the fact that that is 'started trying', not 'succeeded'. We started somewhere around 11pm. It is now 4:30 am in the fucking morning, and it has still not fucking installed. It was supposed to be this colossus, this great legendary thing - XP, the Windows system one might almost think Microsoft did not make.

Well, somehow the version I have has a fetish for anuses and wire brushes. It's crashed approximately forty times on us so far, and that's on the fucking install. And it's not just one type of error every time, oh no, that would be easy and might be solvable. No, it starts playing fucking Russian Error Roulette. So, currently, I have two machines, neither one of which is usable. Adam has generously loaned me his computer for me to write this rant.

Did I mention that every single fucking time it crashes it goes back to the start to install everything all over again? Oh. Every single fucking time it crashes it goes back to the start to install everything again. There. I am less than impressed by all this, and thus will be computerless for a few more days.

In closing, I have this to say.

Fuck.



That is all.

No comments: