Wednesday, June 04, 2003

Law

I think I know more about American law than I do about Australian law. . . TV is completelyy useless for both countries, and the only real law I tend to keep track of is American high-tech and intellectual property law. There is a certain point to that, since a large fraction of the tech industry is still driven by American law, and I also work for a big American corporation (and a bunch of my friends are lefties. Go figure). There's also the tendency for Australian courts to follow America's lead (or for our legislators to be swayed by US corporate and governmental pressure).

A lot of it, though, is just due to Slashdot and other online resources being American, along with a lot of the interesting figures in IP and security issues (Lessig, Felten, Schneir, etc, etc). The same goes for the stuff relating to Open Source adoption. Whirlpool can give a heads up for broadband and some other communications related stuff, but what else is out there for this sort of thing in Australia?

No comments: