Thursday, June 26, 2003

SPS Redux

Keep in mind that these have been the reaction to what I've read so far - but it's been annoying the buggery out of me that the person who has been portrayed in the previous four books as (engaging white-type) the most respected/fearedknowledgeable Wizard in the HP universe is being treated like (engaging white-type) like some babbling loon who making shit up and is loosing his grip on reality. Now while I understand why some people would think and maybe act in this way (engaging white-type) ie Fudge - who's fearful of Dumbledore usurping his authority (there's that human emotion thing Nick), I'm having a hard time understanding why this is seeming to be accepted as the truth so widely that it's allowed for things such as (engaging white-type) the creation of the post of High Inquisitor with what seems to have been minimal opposition or comment whats-so-ever. Of course as Nick points out, it is entirely possible that there is a currently unrevealed reason as to why people are acting this way, but until this gets revealed (which judging by the pacing of this book so far could be in Volume 9...), I'm still going to be wondering (engaging white-type) why a character who suppose to be so respected and awe-inspiring is being treated like chicken little? Potter I can understand - because no-one likes a self-important brat - but (engaging white-type) Dumbledore? (or however you spell his bloody name).

However - my initial issues may yet be rectified the further I get into the book. Still - my early thoughts are similar to that which I've had about recent works by Robert Jordan and Tom Clancy - it doesn't matter how many millions of books you've sold, no author's ever above the use of a good editor.

BTW -













Dr Leonard "Bones" McCoy



I'm a doctor, not a mechanic!"

No comments: