Tuesday, October 28, 2003

Good Boy Hollywood

Now, it's not often that I'll praise Hollywood for showing something close to sense, but on this occasion I'll give them their due. MGM has just announced that they won't be going ahead with the Jinx spin-off from the last Bond movie - Die Another Day. You know Jinx - the horrible character played by Halle "I'm as emotional as a block of wood but I've got breasts and I'm not afraid to show them" Berry. Now call me cynical, but when Eon and MGM can't even make a half-decent Bond movie at the moment (I'd almost agree with some who claim The Rock was the last good Bond movie...), you'd be better spending your time improving the quality of your main film series rather than trying to spin off half-arse characters into their own movie series (look Token, just because you've won one of those little gold statues doesn't mean you can really act or actually deserved it - just ask Mira Sorvino...)

Then again, if anyone is a Bond fan, they'd remember we've been down this road before with proposed spin-off's. Except the last one wasn't a spy who's main qualification was how well she filled out a swim-suit... Thinking about it, the only recent Bond Girl who didn't have a spin off movie attached to her was the delightful Dr Christmas Jones. Possibly because her cup size was bigger than her IQ? I don't really know...

I think I'll sign off with a silly picture now.

No comments: